Standards and Certification workshop - 2013
Date: 25-26 July 2013
Location: QNC 0101, Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre, University of Waterloo
The CryptoWorks21 Standards and Certification Course is a 2-day program focused on the importance of standards and certification when introducing new technologies to the marketplace and the avenues for standardization and certification of quantum-safe cryptographic technologies. It is hosted by the Institute for Quantum Computing at the Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre on the University of Waterloo main campus.
Students will develop an understanding of several components of these topics including:
- Importance for deployability
- Large-scale adoption
- Compliance organizations and development
Open registration begins 21 June 2013. Spots are limited. Students are encouraged to register early. Priority will be given to CryptoWorks21 students.
- Daniel Brown, Certicom Group
- Lily Chen, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Norbert Lütkenhaus, University of Waterloo
- Overview of standards
- Case studies
- Aligning standards to business models
- Standards and certification for post-quantum cryptography